How to Get the Best Advertising
Want good advertising? Top advertising? The best advertising possible? It all happens BEFORE the ad agency gets your brief!
How to get GREAT advertising
Great research, Top marketing communications strategy & a good brief creates the best advertising
Yes, top creative advertising ideas can produce great advertisements… but these MUST be built on disciplined, scientific marketing communications strategy… no tricky idea, alone, can save a bad product, pitched at the wrong audience, in an inappropriate medium… or with inadequate resources!
The “was his” outdoor poster ad demonstrates good advertising: A simple but meaningful message targeting the audience with a poignant message.
How much more interesting, memorable, impactful, and appealing than the easily forgettable Family Law ads you might hear or see – but never remember. How much better is this one clear, concise, motivational message?
How Good Advertising creates Great Results
This TV ad, in conjunction with a minor -in-store promotion, moved market share12% in just 12 weeks! In FMCG, failure or success can be measured in tenths of a percent movement in market share.
This outcome was the result of a great advertising agency AND good marketing briefing – based upon quality market research.… it generated the market share change of 14% in three months when it caught competitors asleep in 1992.
How Much Should be Spent on Advertising?
Ask us how much THE SCIENCE OF MARKETING says you should spend on advertising. There are various considerations, and approaches that suit different organisations according to resources, objectives, forecasts… just to name a few!
Good Advertisements are only a component of Good Advertising
Prize-winning advertising archives are bursting with awards for ads that belong to companies who long since have gone out of business. But along side them are ALSO companies who simply leap from success to success… why?
Because advertising alone CANNOT do the job. In fact some great advertisements have made more money for competitors than the advertisers!
Funny, entertaining, catchy ads are great if they are founded on good advertising strategy, but can be wasteful, or useless, if they are free from marketing communications science and know-how.
The key difference is MARKETING.
IF you apply sophisticated marketing science to your advertising development, your ads can stretch a budget, break a competitor and change the future of your Company.
Keen for fees and fearful of interference from watch-dog Marketing Managers, Advertising Agencies often try and seize responsibility for Marketing. However, while Adverting Agencies should be empowered to do what they are good at, their field is advertising, not marketing and clear line should be drawn as to scope and authority!
Advertising Agencies should answer the brief, not write it. If the brief is right, and the creative from the ad agency answers the brief, the creative must be right (or, at worst, debatable).
The truth is most bad advertising comes from an badly constructed brief from under-trained client executives… often executives without adequate Market Research, understanding of Marketing Communications, grasp of buyer behaviour, familiarity with the nuances of advertising weight, reach or limitations, or a concise marketing plan.
If you want to utilise proven advertising management analysis and methods, shown to create better advertising, marketing effect and sales results, click this button to email, dial 02 8011 4355 to call, or fill out the webmail form, below.
Excellent Marketing Strategy leads to exceptional advertising
The best advertising strategy comes from well-developed marketing objectives: Sound marketing objectives, built upon disciplined marketing planning that, in turn, evolves from consistently observed mission and vision statements set by the leaders of the organisation.
Scientific media management
You cannot optimise media spend without an intimate understanding of your prime target audience… hence the importance of sophisticated and accurate market segmentation.
When you’re ready to expertly undertake optimal progression through Buyer Readiness Stages, contact us and we’ll show you how to slingshot your advertising effectiveness to a whole new level of ROI.
Why Ad Frequency Works
- The first time a woman looks at an advertisement, she does not see it.
- The second time she does not notice it.
- The third time she is conscious of its existence.
- The fourth time she faintly remembers having seen it before.
- The fifth time she reads it.
- The sixth time she turns her nose up at it.
- The seventh time she reads it through and says, ‘Oh bother!’.
- The eighth time she says, ‘Here’s that confounded thing again!’.
- The ninth time she wonders if there’s anything to it.
- The tenth time she thinks she will ask her neighbour if she has tried it.
- The eleventh time she wonders how the advertiser makes it pay.
- The twelfth time she thinks it may be worth something.
- The thirteenth time she thinks is must be a good thing.
- The fourteenth time she remembers that she has wanted such a thing for a long time.
- The fifteenth time she is tantalised because she cannot afford to buy it.
- The sixteenth time she thinks she will buy it some day.
- The seventeenth time she makes a memorandum of it.
- The eighteenth time she swears at her poverty.
- The nineteenth time she counts her money carefully.
- The twentieth time she sees it, she buys the article, or tells her husband to do so!
You can call on Leading Edge advertising and marketing consultants to help you with…
- Business knowledge honed from the findings of the world’s most respected business schools
- Methods & processes of successful advertisers
- The disciplines and skills of formally trained marketing professionals.
- Decades of experience across many industries with a network to match.
- Personal successful advertising campaigns we’ve managed that prove our talent and demonstrate results.